I will be speaking at the University of Sydney on September 26th, 2014 as part of the 2014 Sydney Disrupt conference.
This year’s theme is “Living Disruption”.
- A keynote by Maria Ogneva, on community building for employee and customer engagement
- A keynote by Tom Hajdu, CEO of Disrupter, on disruptive innovations in the entertainment industry
- Mya Dellow presenting her perspective on the educational value of the online gaming platform Minecraft.
- Academy Award winner Mark Sagar demonstrating BabyX, a photo-realistic, intelligent infant avatar.
- A panel of experts discussing the potentials and risk of gamification.
- Marc Smith from the Social Media Research Foundation will provide practical knowledge about analyzing social media data in straight forward ways with freely available tools.
- Ripple Effect Group team leading a wearable technologies design workshop.
Here is a video review of the 2013 #Disrupt event.
I will also lead a workshop on using NodeXL, in a hands-on training on 25th September 2014 from 9am to 12pm in the Link Building (J13), Room 417.
The workshop is sponsored by the Digital Disruption Research Group (DDRG), in collaboration with the Complex Systems Research Group at the Faculty of Engineering & IT.